Friday, February 4, 2011

THE PRINCESS BRIDE

We're a day ahead in my 7th grade science class, so I've nothing science-y to do with them until Monday, when I get the next batch of plans.  I brought four movies for them to choose from (others: The Chronicles of Narnia, Night at the Museum, and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which may indicate to the astute which preferred).  In case you're particularly slow, they took my subtle hints and voted for The Princess Bride.  While they are clearly enjoying the movie (I am actually quite pleased with how, despite their age, they are laughing hysterically in all the right places), there are two spectacularly frequent comments from the peanut gallery, both of which I think are hilarious:

"That is so fake!"
(regarding the special effects)

"He is not that big!"
(regarding Andre the Giant)

*

2 comments:

  1. "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" One of my favorite movie lines. And a good piece of advice for life in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish my school classes brought in the princess bride to watch.

    i'm glad, joe, they're winning your approval and acceptance by laughing in the right places. with such a classic as the princess bride, it's crucial to get it right. :-)

    and james, i agree completely.

    ReplyDelete